Creamy Southwest Chicken Alfredo
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can Mild Rotel or chopped tomatoes, 2 Tbsp reserved for garnish
- 8 ounces Penne Pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- Garnish: 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Cilantro Leaves
- Pat the chicken dry on both sides with paper towel.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning on all sides. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the seasoned chicken into the Pan and Cook, turning once, until the chicken is completely cooked (about 5 minutes per side).
- Remove the chicken from the Pan, place on plate, cover with foil. Add butter to the pan the chicken cooked in and Melt over medium heat.
- Slowly add the heavy cream, stirring to incorporate all the spices and browned bits left from cooking the chicken.
- Whisk constantly and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add cheese, rotel (reserving 2 tablespoons for garnish), and stir until thickened and melted cheese.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and reduce heat to low.
- Remove the chicken from the foil-covered plate, sliced lengthwise.
- Place the sliced chicken over pasta and sprinkle with coriander garnish optional to pop colors and reserved rotel. Serve immediately.