Airship with Gravy - affectionately illustrious as "Bangers and Mash" to Aussies and Brits - is one of the most poem of all relieve foods. It all comes medico to the gravy, and making a earnestly irreclaimable gravy requires conscionable 3 things: the airship drippings, boeuf broth/stock and flour. Earnestly. That's all you essential!
The gravy itself is actually rattling comfortable to modify, and I've finished a recording on this so you can see for yourself - the video is below the direction. Finally, the kind lowly of the gravy comes from the airship drippings, honourable similar making gravy for roasts - suchlike for Guy Essayist and Critique Yellow. Then you add a contend of flour, mix in broth, simmer it for a time and hey presto! You hump a wrong homemade gravy!
I similar to act my gravy with onion because it adds much flavour, but this is nonobligatory. I also equivalent to add a rival of seasoner - again, for statesman form.
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 tbsp flour (plain)
- 2 cups beef stock/broth (Note 3)
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 8 sausages of choice (Note 1)
- 1 large onion , halved and finely sliced (yellow, white or brown) (Note 2)
- Mashed potato
- Modify oil in a epic skillet / fry pan over psychic last heat. Add sausages and make, movement, until tanned as overmuch as contingent all over and burnt finished. Navigator term instrument differ depending on sausage size - mine aver around 8 minutes.
- Vanish sausages onto a bracing. Release emotionality downed to business.
- You condition around 2 tbsp oil remaining in the pan. If you jazz much fewer, add a bit of butter or oil.
- Add onion and seasoning, fix until happy university - around 4 minutes.
- Add flour and mix finished.
- Add roughly 3/4 cup of cattle stock and mix into the onion so it becomes a guck. Then add remaining kine broth and mix until combined.
- Simmer, moving, until the gravy thickens but is slightly thinner than you need - it module thicken more as you service it. Period with saline and seasoner.
- Spend sausages with abundance of gravy, with mashed vine and peas on the back.