TOFFEE STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (8-oz) bag milk chocolate Heat English Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, sugar and salt. Cut in cold butter until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup of mixture for topping.
- Add baking soda into remaining butter mixture. Stir in egg, vanilla and buttermilk. Stir just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Top batter with reserved crumb topping. Sprinkle toffee bits on top of cake.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until a wooden skewer comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.