It is finally starting to cool off a bit in Florida. So, this vegan spicy Thai peanut ramen has been on repeat! The broth tastes a bit like a beautiful satay style peanut sauce. Which is one of my favorite things. This Thai peanut ramen is so hearty and filling, but still doesn’t feel heavy. The spicy peanut broth is so incredibly flavorful, you could really eat it on it’s own. Or add all kinds of different things if you don’t want ramen noodles.
Another reason I love this vegan spicy Thai peanut ramen is because it is a one pot, super fast, super easy meal. I don’t think it could get much simpler than this ramen soup. Or more delicious!
- 2 Teaspoons Olive oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Green curry paste
- 4 Cups Vegetable broth, divided
- 1 Can(13oz.-14oz.) Coconut milk, full fat
- 1/2 Cup Peanut butter, natural or organic
- 2 Tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Agave syrup
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 12 Ounces Ramen noodles
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium high. Then add the chopped garlic and grated ginger. Saute, reducing heat as needed for a minute or 2 to cook the garlic.
- Now, add the curry paste, and stir it into the garlic and ginger. Cook for another minute.
- Then add 3 cups of veggie broth and the coconut milk. Stir to combine everything. Reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Next, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the remaining cup of broth and the peanut butter. I find this makes it easier to incorporate the peanut butter.
- Now, add the peanut butter and broth to the pot and whisk to combine.
- Then add the soy sauce, agave and lime juice. Simmer on low for 5-10 minutes to develop the flavors. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add a pinch of salt if needed or more lime juice or agave if needed.
- Right before serving, add the ramen noodles into the pot. Simmer them, cooking according to package directions. They usually only take a minute or two.
- Serve immediately as is, or add veggies or tofu or whatever you want. I like to top with cilantro and chopped peanuts.