Who knew that you can cook amazingly crunchy and velvety soft fish in the air fryer, that actually will be healthy for you? No dealing with greasy oil and extra calories.
For this recipe i used frozen cod fillets, that i took out of the freezer about an hour before cooking time.
Fish is so easy to defrost! If its a big piece- put it in the fridge overnight or for a small or medium piece- just leave it on the counter for an hour or two!
- 1 lb fish fillet (cod, tilapia, catfish)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (i used panko)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tspn salt
- 2 tbspn oil
- 2 russet potatoes
- Cut potatoes in wedges or like french fries. In a bowl, toss together potatoes. salt and oil.
- Add potatoes in to your air fryer basket and cook on 400F for 20 minutes, shaking twice. Once done remove from the basket.
- Meanwhile, prepare the fish. In a shallow bowl add flour, in a second bowl add beaten egg and in the third bowl add Panko. Working with one piece at a time, dredge fish fillet first in flour, then in egg, and then in breadcrumbs.
- Add fish to the air fryer and set it to 330F for 15 minutes. Check on it halfway through and flip if needed.
- Serve together immediately with any sauce( I used Spicy Aioli)
Recipe Adapted From: berrymaple.com