This vegan white bean and kale soup is easy to prepare in just 20 minutes, creamy and absolutely delicious! This is my version of the well-known Tuscan white bean soup with a secret ingredient in place of the parmesan to make it vegetarian- and vegan-friendly. This hearty soup is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (15 cm / 6 inch) sprigs of rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped, stems reserved
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
- 2 (560 gram / 20 oz) jars of cooked white beans
- 2 cups (55 grams) chopped kale or other winter green (radish greens, chard, spinach, etc.)
- 1 ½ teaspoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and fry, stirring, until golden brown. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the oil and fry until transparent. Then add the carrots, celery, bay leaves and rosemary stems and fry for a couple of minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Get full recipe ==>>cilantroandcitronella.com