Spaghetti is a staple in our house, and we eat it at least once or twice a month.
This recipe is my go to for easy meatless spaghetti sauce.
It occurred to me recently that not everyone knows just how easy it is to make spaghetti both meatless and delicious.
- 16 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/3 cup minced garlic (around 15 cloves)
- 8 oz portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25 oz pasta sauce
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, olive oil, garlic, onion, and all mushrooms to a large skillet
- Saute on medium high heat for 15 - 20 minutes, or until mushrooms release and cook off all liquid
- Add pasta sauce and stir until hot (1 - 2 minutes)
- Serve over spaghetti
- Top with optional mozzarella, parmesan, and red pepper flakes
Recipe Adapted From: buildyourbite.com